What are Cookies?
Information about our cookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites on the internet or open certain emails. Among other things, cookies allow a website to recognise your device and remember if you have been to the website before. We use the term cookie to refer to cookies and technologies that perform a similar function to cookies (e.g. tags, pixels, and web beacons).
Cookies on the website are used for many purposes including but not limited to:
- enabling a subscriber to register on the site be verified and to have such details remembered for later by utilising a subscriber login to access the Down to Earth Gardening Limited services;
- enabling a subscriber to avail of the Down to Earth Gardening Limited services via the site;
- recognising your computer when you visit the site;
- improving the site and the site’s usability;
- analysing the use of the Company Down to Earth Gardening Limited services;
- administrating the site;
- preventing fraud and improving the security of the site; and
- to analyse the use of the services through analytics software such as Google
If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics you can use the opt-out tool at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable a user to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, such as access to secure areas cannot be provided. These cannot be restricted or blocked.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works. These can be restricted or blocked
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These can be restricted or blocked
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These can be restricted or blocked
To give you a better experience, we use first-party cookies and third-party cookies. A first party cookie is a cookie that we set when you directly visit our website. A third-party cookie is one that is placed on your device by a website from an address other than directly from us.
If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies our websites set. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Instructions for blocking cookies using browser settings:
Internet Explorer 9 – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Internet Explorer 7 and 8 – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
For other browsers and operating systems, consult your relevant help file.
Learn more about cookies
More information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau: Guide to online advertising and privacy
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: ICC UK cookie guide
Changes to cookies policy